by Object Type
80 1/8 x 70 in. (203.53 x 177.8 cm)
Willem de Kooning (Rotterdamn, Netherlands, 1904 - 1997, East Hampton, New York) Primary
This object was included in the following exhibitions:
- Exchange Exhibition, Exhibition Exchange Rose Art Museum and Rhode Island School of Design , 2/15/1967 - 3/31/1967
- Twenty from Brandeis Mead Art Museum, Amherst College , 11/27/1972 - 12/18/1972
- A Defining Generation: Then and Now, 1961 and 2001 Rose Art Museum , 2/16/2001 - 12/9/2001
- Works from the Permanent Collection , 1/26/2007 - 4/1/2007
- The Rose at Brandeis: Works from the Collection , 10/29/2009 - 6/20/2010
- Regarding Painting Rose Art Museum , 10/7/2010 - 6/12/2011
- Art at the Origin: The Early 1960s Rose Art Museum , 10/27/2011 - 12/9/2012
- On the matter of abstraction (figs. A & B) Rose Art Museum , 2/13/2013 - 6/9/2013
This object has the following bibliographic references:
Joseph D. Ketner, II
and Sam Hunter.
A Defining Generation: Then and Now, 1961 and 2001
Rose Art Museum.
Waltham, MA, 2001
Page Number: 28
and Beth Goldberg.
Postwar Paintings from Brandeis University
The Art Museum Association of America.
Page Number: 21, Figure Number: 8
- “Willem De Kooning: A Centennial Exhibition” 2004
- Anfam, David “Abstract Expressionism; A World Elsewhere” Haunch of Venison, pg. 30-31 2008
Exchange Exhibition, Exhibition Exchange
Figure Number: 37
- Davis Museum and Cultural Center “Gallery Exhibition” 9/11/02 - 12/30/02 2002
David Anfam, ed.
Page Number: 223, Figure Number: 83
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Selections from the Catalogue: Postwar American Art and Abstract Expressionism".
The information provided on this work may change as the result of ongoing research.
View our copyright statement.