Two 1959 People1963
72 x 93 1/8 in. (182.88 x 236.55 cm)
James Rosenquist (Grand Forks, North Dakota, 1933 - 2017, New York, New York)
This object was included in the following exhibitions:
- New Directions in American Painting the Poses Institute of Fine Arts, and Rose Art Museum, Brandeis University , 12/1/1963 - 12/6/1964
- The New American Realism , 2/18/1965 - 4/4/1965
- Exchange Exhibition, Exhibition Exchange Rose Art Museum and Rhode Island School of Design , 2/15/1967 - 3/31/1967
- Twenty from Brandeis Mead Art Museum, Amherst College , 11/27/1972 - 12/18/1972
- Body Language: The Figure in the Art of Our Time , 8/26/1990 - 10/7/1990
- Alchemies of the Sixties: from the Rose Art Museum Permanent Collection Rose Art Museum , 9/7/1999 - 10/17/1999
- A Defining Generation: Then and Now, 1961 and 2001 Rose Art Museum , 2/16/2001 - 12/9/2001
- Art at the Origin: The Early 1960s Rose Art Museum , 10/27/2011 - 12/9/2012
- LA/MA: '60s Pop from Both Coasts , 9/12/2015 - 12/13/2015
This object has the following bibliographic references:
Joseph D. Ketner, II
and Sam Hunter.
A Defining Generation: Then and Now, 1961 and 2001
Rose Art Museum.
Waltham, MA, 2001
Page Number: 34
and Beth Goldberg.
Postwar Paintings from Brandeis University
The Art Museum Association of America.
Page Number: 31, Figure Number: 18
- The New American Realism Worcester Art Museum. 1965
- Nicole Dubreuil-Blondin. La fonction critique dans le pop art américain Presses de l'Université de Montréal. Montréal, Qué., 1980
Exchange Exhibition, Exhibition Exchange
Figure Number: 52
New Directions in American Painting
The Poses Institute of Fine Arts, Brandeis University.
Figure Number: 46
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Selections from the Catalogue: Pop and Minimalism" and [Objects]Object Type is "Painting".
The information provided on this work may change as the result of ongoing research.
View our copyright statement.