by Object Type
Tuesday Night at the Savoy Ballroom1930
44 x 56 x 3 in. (111.76 x 142.24 x 7.62 cm)
Reginald Marsh (Paris, France, 1898 - 1954, Dorset, Vermont)
Object Type: Painting
Medium and Support: Tempera on composition board
Credit Line: Gift of The Honorable William Benton, New York
Accession Number: 1962.36
Exhibition ListThis object was included in the following exhibitions:
- Works from the Permanent Collection , 1/26/2007 - 4/1/2007
- The Rose at Brandeis: Works from the Collection , 10/29/2009 - 6/20/2010
Bibliography ListThis object has the following bibliographic references:
- el Segle del JAZZ: A cura de Daniel Soutif. Consorci del Centre de Cultura Contemporania de Barcelona. 2009
- il Secolo del JAZZ: Arte, cinema, musica e fotografia da Picasso a Basquiat, Roverto, Museu di Arte Moderna e Contemporanea 2008
- Bulletin of the Detroit Institute of Arts Volume 82 no.1/2 “At the Savoy: Reginald Marsh and the Art of Slumming” by Carmenita Higginbotham 2008
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Selections from the Catalogue: Social Realism and Surrealism".
The information provided on this work may change as the result of ongoing research.
View our copyright statement.