by Object Type
65 x 30 x 30 in. (165 x 76 x 76 cm)
Marisol (aka Marisol Escobar) (Paris, France, 1930 - 2016, New York, New York)
Object Type: Sculpture
Medium and Support: Carved wood and mixed media
Credit Line: Gevirtz-Mnuchin Purchase Fund
Accession Number: 1962.139
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
Exhibition ListThis object was included in the following exhibitions:
- Exchange Exhibition, Exhibition Exchange Rose Art Museum and Rhode Island School of Design , 2/15/1967 - 3/31/1967
- Body Language: The Figure in the Art of Our Time , 8/26/1990 - 10/7/1990
- Alchemies of the Sixties: from the Rose Art Museum Permanent Collection Rose Art Museum , 9/7/1999 - 10/17/1999
- A Defining Generation: Then and Now, 1961 and 2001 Rose Art Museum , 2/16/2001 - 12/9/2001
- Art at the Origin: The Early 1960s Rose Art Museum , 10/27/2011 - 12/9/2012
- LA/MA: '60s Pop from Both Coasts , 9/12/2015 - 12/13/2015
- Passage Rose Art Museum , 9/7/2018 - 12/9/2018
- re:collection: Six Decades at the Rose Art Museum Rose Art Museum , 6/25/2021 - 6/16/2024
Bibliography ListThis object has the following bibliographic references:
Joseph D. Ketner, II
and Sam Hunter.
A Defining Generation: Then and Now, 1961 and 2001
Rose Art Museum.
Waltham, MA, 2001
Page Number: 64
Exchange Exhibition, Exhibition Exchange
Figure Number: 50
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Exhibition is "A Defining Generation: Then and Now, 1961 and 2001".
The information provided on this work may change as the result of ongoing research.
View our copyright statement.