Forget It! Forget Me!1962
80 x 68 1/8 x 1 5/8 in. (203.2 x 173.04 x 4.13 cm)
Roy Lichtenstein (New York City, New York, 1923 - 1997, New York City, New York)
Object Type: Painting
Medium and Support: Magna and oil on canvas
Credit Line: Gevirtz-Mnuchin Purchase Fund
Accession Number: 1962.138
Exhibition ListThis object was included in the following exhibitions:
- New Directions in American Painting the Poses Institute of Fine Arts, and Rose Art Museum, Brandeis University , 12/1/1963 - 12/6/1964
- The New American Realism , 2/18/1965 - 4/4/1965
- Exchange Exhibition, Exhibition Exchange Rose Art Museum and Rhode Island School of Design , 2/15/1967 - 3/31/1967
- Body Language: The Figure in the Art of Our Time , 8/26/1990 - 10/7/1990
- Alchemies of the Sixties: from the Rose Art Museum Permanent Collection Rose Art Museum , 9/7/1999 - 10/17/1999
- A Defining Generation: Then and Now, 1961 and 2001 Rose Art Museum , 2/16/2001 - 12/9/2001
- Roy Lichtenstein: All About Art , 10/23/2004 - 2/22/2005
- The Rose at Brandeis: Works from the Collection , 10/29/2009 - 6/20/2010
- Regarding Painting Rose Art Museum , 10/7/2010 - 6/12/2011
- Art at the Origin: The Early 1960s Rose Art Museum , 10/27/2011 - 12/9/2012
- Pop Art Myths Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza , 6/10/2014 - 9/14/2014
- LA/MA: '60s Pop from Both Coasts , 9/12/2015 - 12/13/2015
- re:collection: Six Decades at the Rose Art Museum Rose Art Museum , 6/25/2021 - 6/16/2024
Bibliography ListThis object has the following bibliographic references:
Harcourt College Publishers.
Norwalk, CT, 2001
Page Number: 92
Joseph D. Ketner, II
and Sam Hunter.
A Defining Generation: Then and Now, 1961 and 2001
Rose Art Museum.
Waltham, MA, 2001
Page Number: 29
- Melissa Kuronen. The Institute of Contemporary Art press materials for “Splat Boom Pow! The Influence of Cartoons in Contemporary Art” 7/03 2003
and Beth Goldberg.
Postwar Paintings from Brandeis University
The Art Museum Association of America.
Page Number: cover (detail), 29, Figure Number: 16
- The New American Realism Worcester Art Museum. 1965
Exchange Exhibition, Exhibition Exchange
Figure Number: 55
New Directions in American Painting
The Poses Institute of Fine Arts, Brandeis University.
Figure Number: 26
- Hayward Gallery, London, “Roy Lichtenstein”, 2/2604-5/1604 2004
- Museo Nacional Centro de Are Reina Sofia, Madrid, “Roy Lichtenstein”, 6/24/04-9/27/04 2004
Pop Art Myths
Page Number: 100, Figure Number: 16
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Exhibition is "Regarding Painting" and [Objects]Object Type is "Painting" and [Objects]Century is "20th Century".
The information provided on this work may change as the result of ongoing research.
View our copyright statement.