by Object Type
58 1/2 x 79 1/2 x 1 7/8 in. (148.59 x 201.93 x 4.76 cm)
James Brooks (Saint Louis, Missouri, 1906 - 1992, New York, New York)
Object Type: Painting
Medium and Support: Oil on canvas
Credit Line: Gevirtz-Mnuchin Purchase Fund
Accession Number: 1962.132
Exhibition ListThis object was included in the following exhibitions:
- New Directions in American Painting the Poses Institute of Fine Arts, and Rose Art Museum, Brandeis University , 12/1/1963 - 12/6/1964
- Exchange Exhibition, Exhibition Exchange Rose Art Museum and Rhode Island School of Design , 2/15/1967 - 3/31/1967
- A Defining Generation: Then and Now, 1961 and 2001 Rose Art Museum , 2/16/2001 - 12/9/2001
- The Rose at Brandeis: Works from the Collection , 10/29/2009 - 6/20/2010
- Art at the Origin: The Early 1960s Rose Art Museum , 10/27/2011 - 12/9/2012
Bibliography ListThis object has the following bibliographic references:
Joseph D. Ketner, II
and Sam Hunter.
A Defining Generation: Then and Now, 1961 and 2001
Rose Art Museum.
Waltham, MA, 2001
Page Number: 12
- “James Brooks” 1963
- David Anfam “Abstract Expressionism” Sep. 11, 2003 - Dec. 7, 2003. 2003
and Beth Goldberg.
Postwar Paintings from Brandeis University
The Art Museum Association of America.
Page Number: 5 (detail), 20, Figure Number: 7
Exchange Exhibition, Exhibition Exchange
Figure Number: 38
New Directions in American Painting
The Poses Institute of Fine Arts, Brandeis University.
Figure Number: 6
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Exhibition is "Art at the Origin: The Early 1960s" and [Objects]Period is ".
The information provided on this work may change as the result of ongoing research.
View our copyright statement.