by Object Type
Still Life No. 251963
48 1/2 x 72 x 5 in. (123.19 x 182.88 x 12.7 cm)
Tom Wesselmann (Cincinnati, Ohio, 1931 - 2004, New York, New York)
Object Type: Painting
Medium and Support: Oil and assemblage on composition board
Credit Line: Gevirtz-Mnuchin Purchase Fund
Accession Number: 1963.8
Exhibition ListThis object was included in the following exhibitions:
- Recent Acquisitions: The Gevirtz-Mnuchin Collection and Related Gifts Rose Art Museum , 5/3/1963 - 5/23/1963
- New Directions in American Painting the Poses Institute of Fine Arts, and Rose Art Museum, Brandeis University , 12/1/1963 - 12/6/1964
- Exchange Exhibition, Exhibition Exchange Rose Art Museum and Rhode Island School of Design , 2/15/1967 - 3/31/1967
- Twenty from Brandeis Mead Art Museum, Amherst College , 11/27/1972 - 12/18/1972
- Alchemies of the Sixties: from the Rose Art Museum Permanent Collection Rose Art Museum , 9/7/1999 - 10/17/1999
- A Defining Generation: Then and Now, 1961 and 2001 Rose Art Museum , 2/16/2001 - 12/9/2001
- Regarding Painting Rose Art Museum , 10/7/2010 - 6/12/2011
- Art at the Origin: The Early 1960s Rose Art Museum , 10/27/2011 - 12/9/2012
- Passage Rose Art Museum , 9/7/2018 - 12/9/2018
Bibliography ListThis object has the following bibliographic references:
Joseph D. Ketner, II
and Sam Hunter.
A Defining Generation: Then and Now, 1961 and 2001
Rose Art Museum.
Waltham, MA, 2001
Page Number: 36
and Beth Goldberg.
Postwar Paintings from Brandeis University
The Art Museum Association of America.
Page Number: 32, Figure Number: 19
Exchange Exhibition, Exhibition Exchange
Figure Number: 49
New Directions in American Painting
The Poses Institute of Fine Arts, Brandeis University.
Figure Number: 56
- Article in the Wilson Quarterly, by Bruce Bawer, “The Other Sixties”, Volume XXVIII, #2, pg. 74 2004
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Exhibition is "A Defining Generation: Then and Now, 1961 and 2001".
The information provided on this work may change as the result of ongoing research.
View our copyright statement.