by Object Type
Second Time Painting1961
65 3/4 x 42 in. (167.01 x 106.68 cm)
Robert Rauschenberg (aka Milton Ernest Rauschenberg) (Port Arthur, Texas, 1925 - 2008, Captiva Island, Florida)
This object was included in the following exhibitions:
- New Directions in American Painting the Poses Institute of Fine Arts, and Rose Art Museum, Brandeis University , 12/1/1963 - 12/6/1964
- Exchange Exhibition, Exhibition Exchange Rose Art Museum and Rhode Island School of Design , 2/15/1967 - 3/31/1967
- Alchemies of the Sixties: from the Rose Art Museum Permanent Collection Rose Art Museum , 9/7/1999 - 10/17/1999
- A Defining Generation: Then and Now, 1961 and 2001 Rose Art Museum , 2/16/2001 - 12/9/2001
- Abstract Expression: The Brandeis University Art Collections , 9/10/2003 - 12/7/2003
- Robert Rauschenberg: Combines , 5/21/2006 - 9/4/2006
- The Rose at Brandeis: Works from the Collection , 10/29/2009 - 6/20/2010
- Regarding Painting Rose Art Museum , 10/7/2010 - 6/12/2011
- Art at the Origin: The Early 1960s Rose Art Museum , 10/27/2011 - 12/9/2012
- On the matter of abstraction (figs. A & B) Rose Art Museum , 2/13/2013 - 6/9/2013
- re:collection: Six Decades at the Rose Art Museum Rose Art Museum , 6/25/2021 - 6/16/2024
This object has the following bibliographic references:
Joseph D. Ketner, II
and Sam Hunter.
A Defining Generation: Then and Now, 1961 and 2001
Rose Art Museum.
Waltham, MA, 2001
Page Number: 33
- “Robert Rauschenberg Combines” 2006
and Beth Goldberg.
Postwar Paintings from Brandeis University
The Art Museum Association of America.
Page Number: frontispiece (detail), 23, Figure Number: 10
Exchange Exhibition, Exhibition Exchange
Figure Number: 53
New Directions in American Painting
The Poses Institute of Fine Arts, Brandeis University.
Figure Number: 44
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Exhibition is "Abstract Expression: The Brandeis University Art Collections".
The information provided on this work may change as the result of ongoing research.
View our copyright statement.