The Walk #21962
63 x 62 x 3 in. (160.02 x 157.48 x 7.62 cm)
Alex Katz (New York, New York, 1927 - )
Object Type: Painting
Medium and Support: Oil on canvas
Credit Line: Gevirtz-Mnuchin Purchase Fund
Accession Number: 1962.136
Exhibition ListThis object was included in the following exhibitions:
- New Directions in American Painting the Poses Institute of Fine Arts, and Rose Art Museum, Brandeis University , 12/1/1963 - 12/6/1964
- Body Language: The Figure in the Art of Our Time , 8/26/1990 - 10/7/1990
- Alchemies of the Sixties: from the Rose Art Museum Permanent Collection Rose Art Museum , 9/7/1999 - 10/17/1999
- A Defining Generation: Then and Now, 1961 and 2001 Rose Art Museum , 2/16/2001 - 12/9/2001
- The Rose at Brandeis: Works from the Collection , 10/29/2009 - 6/20/2010
- Art at the Origin: The Early 1960s Rose Art Museum , 10/27/2011 - 12/9/2012
- Passage Rose Art Museum , 9/7/2018 - 12/9/2018
Bibliography ListThis object has the following bibliographic references:
Joseph D. Ketner, II
and Sam Hunter.
A Defining Generation: Then and Now, 1961 and 2001
Rose Art Museum.
Waltham, MA, 2001
Page Number: 26
and Beth Goldberg.
Postwar Paintings from Brandeis University
The Art Museum Association of America.
Page Number: 28, Figure Number: 15
- New Directions in American Painting The Poses Institute of Fine Arts, Brandeis University. 1963
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Exhibition is "New Directions in American Painting" and [Objects]Object Type is "Painting".
The information provided on this work may change as the result of ongoing research.
View our copyright statement.