by Object Type
27 x 20 in. (68.58 x 50.8 cm)
Sam Francis (San Mateo, California, 1923 - 1994, Santa Monica, California)
Object Type: Work on paper
Medium and Support: Watercolor
Credit Line: Gift of Mr. and Mrs. Leon A. Mnuchin, New York
Accession Number: 1962.131
Exhibition ListThis object was included in the following exhibitions:
- New Directions in American Painting the Poses Institute of Fine Arts, and Rose Art Museum, Brandeis University , 12/1/1963 - 12/6/1964
- Commencement Exhibition: Selections from the Permanent Collection Rose Art Museum , 5/15/1966 - 9/12/1966
- Exchange Exhibition, Exhibition Exchange Rose Art Museum and Rhode Island School of Design , 2/15/1967 - 3/31/1967
- The Rose Art Museum Collection, Brandeis University at New Hampshire, , 4/14/1969 - 5/5/1969
- Sam Francis, Paintings on Paper: 1956-64 , 10/13/1990 - 11/19/1990
- Selections from the Permanent Collection: Sonata with Grahame Weinbren Rose Art Museum , 11/21/1991 - 1/5/1992
- A Defining Generation: Then and Now, 1961 and 2001 Rose Art Museum , 2/16/2001 - 12/9/2001
- Abstract Expression: The Brandeis University Art Collections , 9/10/2003 - 12/7/2003
Bibliography ListThis object has the following bibliographic references:
Joseph D. Ketner, II
and Sam Hunter.
A Defining Generation: Then and Now, 1961 and 2001
Rose Art Museum.
Waltham, MA, 2001
Page Number: 64
Exchange Exhibition, Exhibition Exchange
Figure Number: 33
- New Directions in American Painting The Poses Institute of Fine Arts, Brandeis University. 1963
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Exhibition is "A Defining Generation: Then and Now, 1961 and 2001" and [Objects]Display Artist is "Sam Francis".
The information provided on this work may change as the result of ongoing research.
View our copyright statement.